Save The Date
CPA’s 37th Annual Convention
Friday, November 3rd, 2023
Yale West Convention Center
CPA is now accepting proposals for the 2023 Convention!
We are looking forward to an exciting, high-quality Conference with a multitude of activities. This year’s Convention will focus on Transformative Leadership, Advocacy, and the Psychologist’s Role as an Agent of change for individuals, groups, communities, and society at large. Programs from Academicians, Clinicians, Researchers and Students are welcomed.
CPA demonstrates our commitment to educating the psychology community about matters of equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We are proud to offer Diversity Track Programming throughout Convention. Our esteemed colleagues will present thought provoking work and research and will engage in critical dialogues around issues of race, social justice, neurodiversity, gender identity, disability, allyship, and more. Professionals of color are strongly encouraged to submit proposals.
The CPA’s Convention is an opportunity to learn about your professional organization, exchange ideas, gain visibility, share successes and insights, enjoy being creative and renew professional relationships.
There will be a variety of themes and learning opportunities to address these interests with clinical, academic, and community-based colleagues encouraged to present. All submissions are welcomed to include issues related to diversity, treatment and intervention approaches broad to specific, research/academic questions, integrative care models, population health, forensic & neuropsychological issues, professional responsibilities, ethics and much more.
Guidelines for submitting a presentation proposal:
When submitting a proposal, please note the following:
- The curriculum vitae of all presenters must be included.
- The proposal form must be filled out in its entirety with a preference for emailed submission directly to the Convention Chair (see below).
- All presenters need to pre-register for the Convention and pay the registration fee prior to the Convention. Please reach out to the Convention Chair (see below) for exceptions.
- Final decisions regarding acceptance of programs, time allocated to each presentation and time of day for presentations will be made by the Convention Committee.
- All submissions will be acknowledged. If you do NOT receive a confirmation receipt, please contact Convention Chair (see below).
- Proposal decisions will be determined by 5/01/23.
Given the large number of excellent proposals submitted in recent years we anticipate that not all proposals will be accepted. Proposals will be selected based on relevance to professional psychology and their “fit” with the overall program framework.
Proposals must be submitted before March 31, 2023.
All proposals must be emailed to CPA’s Convention Chair: Dr. Stephanie Pennington at stephanielpennington@gmail.
Proposal Application Form
Please complete the attached proposal application (Word doc or PDF):
Word Doc Application: https://mcusercontent.com/
Editable PDF Application:
Email your completed application form along with your CV to CPA’s ConventionChair: Dr. Stephanie Pennington at stephanielpennington@gmail.
Proposals DUE: March 31, 2023.
2022 Convention Summary