WELCOME TO THE STUDENT DIVISION OF CPA!
The Student Division was established in 2001, along with a board position for a Student Representative. The Student Representative to the CPA Board is elected by student affiliates and serves with full voting privileges. The Student Division’s purpose is to represent the interests of students within the Association and within the state. The Student Division hopes to increase student participation in CPA and to promote the professional development of psychology students across Connecticut. We offer a professional home-base for psychology students across all levels of training and disciplines.
BENEFITS OF AFFILIATION WITH CPA AS A STUDENT:
- Access to information related to research, practice, advocacy, internship, and career opportunities
- Access to important “members only” programming and material
- Reduced rates at events and professional trainings
- Opportunity to network with practicing psychologists within the state
- Meet other students within the state to advocate for student needs and issues
- Develop skills and gain experiences beyond the standard framework of graduate school curriculum
LEARN, GROW AND TRANSFORM – JOIN US TODAY!
Annual student dues are offered at a reduced rate of $20/year.
UCLA: A Guide for Underrepresented Students Applying to Graduate Programs in Clinical Psychology
UCLA Psychology just published this guide for underrepresented students applying to graduate programs in clinical psychology. Please share widely among your networks.
A Guide for Underrepresented Students Applying to Graduate Programs in Clinical Psychology_updated
CPA Graduate Student Representative to the Board and Division Chairperson (2020-2022): Alexandra Steel, M.A. Ed. – University of Hartford
CPA Undergraduate Student Representative (2020-2022): Zyria Newman – University of Connecticut
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
If you are a current or an aspiring student affiliate of CPA and want to learn more about the Association or are interested in becoming actively involved in the Student Division, please email: Nadika Paranamana.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
There are many ways to engage with the Student Division & become an active member within CPA:
- Join us at CPA’s Annual Convention as an attendee or presenter.
- Apply for a scholarship to attend the convention. The Ethnic Diversity Taskforce (EDTF) offers scholarships to ethnic minority students.
- Become an official campus liaison or an EDTF campus liaison for CPA to represent your university
- Become a member of a CPA Committee that speaks to your interests. A list of all CPA Committees can be found here. Email the committee chair or your student representative to express an interest in joining a committee or taskforce.
- Get involved with the Legislative Committee as a Legislative Student Fellow.
- Become a Writer, Photographer, Digital Media Expert or a Social Media Fellow for CPA
OUR PAST ACTIVITIES AND CONTRIBUTIONS HAVE INCLUDED:
- Sponsoring internship fairs and workshops.
- Organizing statewide student mixers.
- Mentoring students to become advocates and agents of change.
- Sending student representatives to APA’s Annual Practice Leadership Conference.
Join our Facebook Page
Follow us on Instagram
Trend with us on Twitter