Job Posting Number S00754
Position Title Postdoctoral Clinical/Counseling Psychologist
Department Counseling Center-1068
Job Category Staff Posting
Position Type Full-Time
Wesleyan University has approximately 2,900 undergraduates and 200 graduate students.
The Counseling and Psychological Services office (CAPS) operates on an 8:30 am – 4:30 pm weekday schedule with 24/7 coverage through an on-call rotation.
Outreach is included in the services provided and is essential to the community mental health model to which CAPS adheres. CAPS provides education, consultation, and training to students, faculty, administrators, and staff.
- Reporting to the Director of CAPS, this is a full-time fellowship for postdoctoral clinical or counseling psychologists who seek to advance their training in a university mental health setting.
- Funding for the position has been approved for 12 months.
- Fellows will meet or exceed Connecticut’s state requirements for license eligibility by the end of the training year.
- The position is housed within Wesleyan University’s Counseling and Psychological Services office (CAPS).
- Duties will include intake assessment and treatment planning, a weekly psychotherapy caseload of approximately 20 individual clients, crisis intervention, consultation, group interventions, and 2-4 hours/week of outreach and education.
- The fellow will provide ongoing clinical supervision to a pre-doctoral extern. Additionally, the fellow will have teaching responsibilities in the didactic portion of the externship program.
- The fellow will participate in the on-call rotation, and will receive one hour of individual supervision and one hour of group supervision weekly.
- The postdoctoral fellow will develop an area of specialization. Examples include but are not limited to focused clinical practice, outreach and education, clinical training and administration, and clinical scholarship/writing
- A completed Ph.D. or Psy.D. in clinical or counseling psychology is required
- A year-long pre-doctoral internship completed by August 14th, 2020
- All But Dissertation (ABD) candidates will be considered, but the dissertation must be successfully defended by position start date
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to work within a diverse environment and work collegially with individuals of different backgrounds
- Clinical training experience in university mental health
- Clinical training experience working with late adolescent/emerging adult population.
Management Competencies Not Applicable
Competencies Decision quality/ judgment, Flexible/receptive to change, Interpersonal skills/savvy, Integrity and trust, Oral communications, Respects diversity, Teamwork/collaboration, Commitment to sustainability
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration please apply by January 2, 2020
Any and all offers to external applicants are contingent on the candidate’s completion of a pre-employment background check screening to the satisfaction of Wesleyan University
Quick Link http://careers.wesleyan.edu/postings/7094