The Connecticut Psychological Association (CPA) is launching its first ever Early Career Psychologist (ECP) Academy to promote and build leadership skills among ECPs in Connecticut. The goals of this program are to:
- Engage ECPs within CPA and their profession
- Foster the development of the next generation of psychology leaders
- Help shape the future of psychology in our state.
- The program will run from July 13, 2020 – December 1, 2020
- Participants will attend zoom Webinars throughout the program (Monthly)
- 1-1.5 hours each Webinar
- Participants will also be paired with a leadership mentor throughout the duration of the program
2020 Webinars and Zoom call topics include:
- Building Advanced Leadership Skills
- Running Effective Meetings
- CT legislation advocacy (influencing laws and policies)
- Ethics in Leadership
- Leading Businesses I/O perspectives
- Leadership in Professional Organizations
- Radio and Camera Skills – Talking with the Media
Benefits of Joining The CPA Leadership Academy
Participants will be connected with a one-on-on mentor with advanced leadership skills, and meet with their mentor once a month for leadership coaching. Mentors will help participants set and develop leadership goals, and provide advice and counsel to help build leadership competencies, skills, and abilities.
- Participate in monthly leadership webinars and zoom calls
- Access to Pre-recorded Webinars on Different Topics Relevant to our Field
- Exposure and opportunities to network with psychologists and psychology leaders throughout the state.
- The opportunity to expand leadership potential and explore leadership opportunities to advance your career.
- Learn to host a professional webinar
- Opportunities to learn and get involved with CPA Governance
Non CPA Members to join CPA and the Leadership Academy
- CPA Membership Fee Reduced to $25 to join CPA as an ECP (Reg. Price $100 or more)
- Academy attendees new to CPA will get 50% off the Fall CPA Convention
Benefits for Current CPA ECP Members
- Free to join the Academy
- Free Convention
Leadership Academy Timeline
Starts in July 2020, ends in December 2020 (6 month program)
Expectations of CPA Leadership Academy Participants
- Develop goals to work on during the academy experience
- Commit to attending at least 4 out of 6 webinars (schedule based on doodle poll)
- Attend monthly meetings with their mentor
- CPA Members or willing to join CPA (discounted rate for new members who join the academy)
- Early Career Psychologists (within 10 years of their doctoral degree) or a postdoctoral resident/fellows
- ECPs and Postdocs with a strong interest in developing and growing their leadership skills.
The application period has closed.
Interested in Mentoring a Leadership Academy Member, leading a discussion or presentation on leadership, or otherwise getting involved? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.