- To promote and build leadership skills among early career psychologists (ECPs) in Connecticut
- Engagement of ECPs within CPA and their profession within the state
- Foster the development of the next generation of psychology leaders
- Help shape the future of psychology in Connecticut.
- Application Period: January and February
- The program will run from February – December.
- Participants will attend zoom Webinars throughout the program (Monthly)
- Peer group leadership discussions (Monthly)
- 1-1.5 hours each Webinar
- Participants will also be paired with a leadership mentor throughout the duration of the program
Past Webinars and Zoom call topics included:
- Building Advanced Leadership Skills
- Running Effective Meetings
- CT legislation advocacy (influencing laws and policies)
- Ethics in Leadership
- Leading Businesses I/O perspectives
- Leadership in Professional Organizations
- Radio and Camera Skills – Talking with the Media
Benefits of Joining The CPA Leadership Academy
Participants will be connected with a one-on-on mentor with advanced leadership skills, and meet with their mentor once a month for leadership coaching. Mentors will help participants set and develop leadership goals, and provide advice and counsel to help build leadership competencies, skills, and abilities.
- Participate in monthly leadership webinars and zoom calls
- Access to Pre-recorded Webinars on Different Topics Relevant to our Field
- Exposure and opportunities to network with psychologists and psychology leaders throughout the state.
- The opportunity to expand leadership potential and explore leadership opportunities to advance your career.
- Learn to host a professional webinar
- Opportunities to learn and get involved with CPA Governance
Non CPA Members to join CPA and the Leadership Academy
- CPA Membership Fee Reduced to $60 to join CPA as an ECP (Reg. Price $100 or more)
- Academy attendees new to CPA will get 50% off the Fall CPA Convention
Benefits for Current CPA ECP Members
- Free to join the Academy
- Free Convention
Leadership Academy Timeline
Starts in February, ends in December (10 month program)
Monthly Webinars February -December
Expectations of CPA Leadership Academy Participants
- ECPs will develop goals to work on during the academy experience
- ECPs need to commit to being able to attend a majority of the webinars
- ECPs commit to meeting monthly with their mentor
- Applications Should be Submitted by February.
- CPA Members or willing to join CPA (discounted rate for new members who join the academy)
- Early Career Psychologists (within 10 years of their doctoral degree) or a postdoctoral resident/fellows
- ECPs and Postdocs with a strong interest in developing and growing their leadership skills.
Application Period: January – February
Interested in Mentoring a Leadership Academy Member, leading a discussion or presentation on leadership, or otherwise getting involved? Contact Anne Klee at email@example.com.