- This event has passed.
CPA Webinar: Psychological Practice with Transgender and Gender Nonconforming (T/GNC) Service Members and Veterans
June 12, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree – $75
Psychological Practice with Transgender and Gender Nonconforming (T/GNC) Service Members and Veterans
Presenter: Jacob R. Eleazer, Ph.D.
Friday, June 12, 2020 – 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Offered live via Zoom
$55 CPA Members, $75 non-members, and $10 students – No refunds
3 CEUs for Psychologists
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify clinical guidelines and resources relevant to psychological practice with Service Members and Veterans.
- Identifyclinicalguidelines,standardsofcare,andresourcesrelevantto psychological practice with transgender and gender nonconforming (T/GNC) persons.
- Assess the potential impact of proximal and distal minority stressors unique to gender identity and intersecting marginalized identities on T/GNC persons’ wellbeing, clinical presentation, and engagement in care.
- Assess the potential impact of military-related stressors onT/GNC persons’ wellbeing, clinical presentation, and engagement in care.
- Navigate relevant APA ethical principles and standards, Department of Defense policy, and Veteran’s Health Administration policies when providing psychological services for transgender Service Members and Veterans.
Jacob R. Eleazar, PhD, is the postdoctoral psychology fellow in LGBT Health and Psychosocial Rehabilitation at the Connecticut VA Healthcare System. He completed his Ph.D. in counseling psychology at the University of Louisville and predoctoral internship at VA Puget Sound, American Lake Division. Jacob served in the Kentucky Army National Guard for 12 years and was among the first actively serving transgender Soldiers to come out publicly in 2014. During his doctoral training Jacob was awarded a research fellowship from the Palm Center’s Transgender Military Service Initiative and his study investigating the experiences of transgender service members has received awards from the World Professional Association for Transgender Health and the American Psychological Association’s Society for the Psychology of Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity. Jacob has a passion for social justice research and is an outspoken advocate for access to competent and affirming health care for LGBTQ+ patients. He currently serves as the Director of Research and Wellness Outreach for SPART*A, A Professional Association for Transgender Service Members. After completing fellowship, Jacob hopes to continue serving LGBTQ+ Veterans as a VA psychologist.