2021 CPA Annual Convention Request for Proposals – Due March 31,2021
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
CONNECTICUT PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION
October 22, 2021
Yale West Campus Conference Center
(Virtual vs. live format to be determined this summer)
Deadline: Abstracts must be postmarked or submitted online by March 31, 2021
The Convention Committee is looking forward to another exciting, high quality conference. After this tumultuous year, this Convention will focus on the many challenges and issues that evolved throughout the COVID-19 and racism pandemics as well as offer a variety of themes to address interests expressed by our clinical, academic and community based colleagues.
We added a new diversity track to increase the representation of topics discussed and presenters from diverse backgrounds. Proposals on diversity- related topics and submitted by presenters with diverse identities and backgrounds are especially welcomed to establish this track…which will be an ongoing component in our Conventions. Proposals addressing the range of short and long term impacts of COVID-19 and its concordant stressors, telehealth processes and challenges, and resilience and self-care are also highly desirable. Innovative approaches/interventions, research/academic questions and programs, forensic issues, integrative care models, collaboration with other professions/disciplines and neuropsychological issues are also appropriate for submission.
The CPA Annual Convention is an opportunity to learn about your professional organization, exchange ideas,gain visibility, share successes and insights, enjoy being creative and renew professional relationships.
When submitting a proposal, please note the following:
- The curriculum vitae of all presenters must be sent to CPA, PO Box 915, North Haven, CT 06473 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All lead presenters need to pre-register for the Convention and pay the early bird registration fee prior to the Convention. It is hoped that auxiliary presenters will register as well to attend the Convention.
- Final decisions regarding acceptance of programs, time allocated to each presentation and time of day for presentations will be made by the Convention Committee.
- All submissions will be acknowledged. If you do NOT receive a confirmation receipt, please contact Convention Chair at email@example.com.
- Proposal decisions will be determined by 5/01/21
Given the large number of excellent proposals submitted in recent years we anticipate that not all proposals will be accepted. Proposals will be selected based on their “fit” with the overall program framework. Only proposals received by March 31, 2021 or posters by September 30, 2021 will be considered. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN PRESENTING AT THE CPA CONVENTION!