CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
CONNECTICUT PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION
November 13, 2020
Yale West Campus Conference Center, Orange, CT
The Connecticut Psychological Association is now accepting proposals for the Year 2019 Convention. Programs from Academicians, Clinicians, Researchers and Students are welcomed. Deadline: Abstracts must be postmarked by March 31, 2020
The Convention Committee is looking forward to an exciting, high quality conference with a multitude of activities. Robert Kegan,Ph.D., a developmental psychologist, author and consultant and longtime professor at Harvard Graduate School of Education will be our keynote speaker.
The CPA Annual Convention is an opportunity to learn about your professional organization, exchange ideas, gain visibility, share successes and insights, enjoy being creative and renew professional relationships.
This year’s Convention will offer a variety of themes to address the array of interests expressed by our clinical, academic and community based colleagues. We seek to enhance the knowledge and interface of all sectors of our psychological colleagues. Innovative approaches/interventions, research/academic questions and programs, forensic issues, integrative care models, ethnic diversity, geriatric and pediatric populations, collaboration with other professions/disciplines and neuropsychological issues are appropriate for submission.
When submitting a proposal, please note the following:
- The curriculum vitae of the primary presenter must be included.
- All lead presenters need to pre-register for the Convention and pay the registration fee prior to the Convention.It is hoped that auxiliary presenters will register as well to attend the Convention.
- Final decisions regarding acceptance of programs, time allocated to each presentation and time of day for presentations will be made by the Convention Committee.
- All submissions will be acknowledged. If you do NOT receive a confirmation receipt, please contact Convention Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proposal decisions will be determined by 5/1/2020.
Given the large number of excellent proposals submitted in recent years we anticipate that not all proposals will be accepted. Proposals will be selected based on relevance to professional psychology and their “fit” with the overall program framework. Only proposals submitted before March 31, 2020 will be considered.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN PRESENTING AT THE CPA CONVENTION
Ilene Grueneberg, Ph.D.
200 Oak Street
Glastonbury, CT 06033