INTEGRATED PRIMARY/BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE AT THE VILLAGE
Announcing an exciting expansion of integrated primary care/behavioral health services at The Village. Health Psychologists work collaboratively with primary care pediatricians, family medicine physicians and medical specialists to provide comprehensive, person-centered care. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will work in cutting edge, integrated medical settings and serve as the behavioral health resource for the group. Services include consultations with medical staff, direct interventions with clients and families, targeted assessments, coordination with other specialty providers, and psychoeducational services, as needed.
Previous experience in this specialty is not required; The Village will provide training and supervision to assist you in developing these skills.
Provides health psychology services for integrated, medical/behavioral primary care practice(s); Collaborates and coordinates care with primary care providers, care coordinators, and both medical and behavioral specialty providers; Provides clinical and administrative supervision to staff and interns, when assigned; Participates in Quality Assurance and Utilization Review for the organization and the practices, as requested; Serves as a member of a multidisciplinary clinical team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Participating in bi-directional physical and mental health screening procedures
* Coordinating care through electronic record sharing, brief consultations, focused interventions, assessing and addressing families’ health-related social needs, and referrals to specialty medical and behavioral health services
* Improving overall health outcomes by insuring integrated attention to all health needs
* Serving as behavioral health resource to primary care staff
* Provides behavioral health training, formal and casual, to primary care staff
* Providing parent/patient education, resources and support
* Collaborating with Care Coordinators to insure access to community resources
* Providing evidence-based care to a caseload of both integrated care and specialty behavioral health clients, as needed
* Utilizing primary care-focused intervention model, including brief assessments and other non-traditional interventions appropriate for a primary care setting, including both in-person and telehealth services
* Assisting with data collection and data integrity to determine program effectiveness
* Utilizing client-generated feedback to inform clinical activities and practice; monitoring and tracking such information; documenting client information in the client record
* Meeting assigned productivity targets as determined by program or service
* Maintaining knowledge and implementation of program and agency policies and procedures
* Contributing to program functioning by assuming responsibility for special tasks or leadership in special projects as appropriate
* Supervising pre-doctoral interns and/or graduate-level trainees, as assigned
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
Experience and Skills
- Educational Requirements: Ph.D. or Psy. D. from APA approved clinical psychology program.
- Licensure Requirements: Licensed (or license-eligible) as a Psychologist in the State of Connecticut.
- Specific Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements: Knowledge of and familiarity with Health Psychology and integrated primary care is a strong plus, bi-directional screening tools for integrated practices, motivational interviewing, integrated care practice procedures, including strong collaboration and consultation skills.
- Personal Characteristics: Ability to work as a strong member of multidisciplinary team; strong and effective leadership skills; self-directed, requires little direct supervision; demonstrates flexibility in approach to job and others; is perceptive, insightful, self-reflecting, and aware of impact on others; shows good judgment in pressured situations.
- Cultural Competency: Bilingual/bicultural (Spanish) is preferred. Familiarity, sensitivity, and/or experience working with diverse populations.
Questions may be directed to:
Steven D. Moore, Ph.D.