at the Virtual 30th New England School of Best Practices in Addiction Services
During the program’s 30th anniversary year, AdCare Educational Institute of New England is pleased to announce a new Psychologist Track of daily courses with continuing education hours for psychologists at the Virtual New England School of Best Practices in Addiction Services.
Dates: August 29 – September 2, 2022
With Post-Program Offerings on September 7, 2022 and September 13, 2022
- Attend just one session, multiple days, or the whole week!
- Convenient virtual courses will take place live by videoconference, allowing for engagement and interaction.
Psychologist Track registration is now live! For further information or to register, please visit:
2022 Psychologist Track Courses with Continuing Education Hours for Psychologists:
- Intersecting the Clinical and Peer Recovery Roles: A Workforce Development Workshop – 3 CE Hours
- Getting Better at What We Do: The Partners for Change Outcome Management System (PCOMS) – 4.5 CE Hours
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Co-Occurring Disorders – 5 CE Hours
- Eye Movement and Desensitization Therapy (EMDR): What it is and how can it help? – 5 CE Hours
- Substance use and Acquired Brain Injury: Know What You May Be Missing – 3 CE Hours
Plenary Sessions with Continuing Education Hours for Psychologists:
- Building Sustained Addiction Remission and Recovery – John F. Kelly, Ph.D., ABPP – 1.25 CE Hours
- Federal Perspective on Addressing Addiction and the Overdose Crisis – Yngvild K. Olsen, M.D., M.P.H., Director of Center for Substance Abuse Treatment- 1.25 CE Hours
- Person-Centered Care and Planning: Promoting Hope, Recovery, and Belonging – Janis Tondora, Psy.D., Co-Director, New England Mental Health Technology Transfer Center – 25 CE Hours
- Neurobiology of Addiction – Gerardo Gonzalez, M.D. – 1.5 CE Hours
September Post-Program Plenary Sessions with Continuing Education Hours for Psychologists:
- Treating Patients with Co-occurring Substance Use Disorders and Mood Disorders – Roger Weiss, M.D. – 2 CE Hours
- Medical versus Recreational Cannabis use and Cognition – Staci Gruber, Ph.D. – 1.25 CE Hours
- How You Show Up For Yourself Transforms Your Practice: The Power of Intentional Self-Care for Psychologists, Counselors, and Behavioral Healthcare Professionals – Janan Wyatt, Ph.D., Yale School of Medicine Department of Psychiatry; Program for Recovery and Community Health (PRCH) – 1.25 CE Hours
About the Virtual 30th Anniversary New England School of Best Practices in Addiction Services
The New England School of Best Practices in Addiction Services, in its 30th Anniversary year, grew from the popular 53-year-old New England Summer School, held each June. This five-day annual late summer event gives addiction and behavioral health professionals the opportunity for in-depth study of areas of special interest.
Designed with the seasoned behavioral health professional in mind, the New England Best Practices School focuses heavily on evidence-based and promising approaches specific to addressing addiction.
Additional Courses at Best Practices School:
In addition to the Psychologist Track and plenary sessions with Continuing Education Hours for psychologists, 20+ additional courses are offered at the Best Practices School program. Psychologists are welcome to attend any of them as well, and non-Psychologist track courses will note if they offer psychologist CE hours.
For further information or to register, please visit:
For Additional Information:
AdCare Educational Institute of New England