The APA COVID-19 information and resources are available at https://www.apa.org/topics/covid-19 is continually updated by APA for psychologists, health-care workers and the public. This site has a tremendous amount of additional information and topic-specific content available via sublinks. Below is an outline of what was posted as of the week of May 11, 2020, a period in the COVID-19 crisis timeline shifting into what was considered the, “Next phase of COVID-19 management”.
The main page includes the following articles posted at the top of the page related to the next phase of COVID-19 management:
Particularly relevant for CT LICENSED psychologist to take note of is found here:
HTTPS://WWW.APASERVICES.ORG/PRACTICE/CLINIC/COVID-19-TELEHEALTH-STATE-SUMMARY – this link covers Telehealth guidance by state during COVID-19 and State emergency orders relevant to licensed psychologists during the COVID-19 public health crisis
The CT SPECIFIC section (updated by APA as of 4/24/2020) posts the following info:
- Existing State Telehealth Coverage Mandate? YES for Commercial Health Plans – CT. GEN. STAT. § § 19A-906, 38A-499A AND 38A-526A
- Emergency State Action to include Audio-Only phone? EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 7F DATED 3/18/20 Allows Audio-Only Telephone for Medicaid.
- Emergency State Action on Telehealth Reimbursement Parity? CMS SECTION 1135 MEDICAID WAIVER APPROVED 3/27/20 Allows for reimbursement of payable claims by out of state licensed providers not enrolled in the state medicaid program subject to certain conditions for the duration of the public health emergency.**
- Emergency State Action to include Audio-Only phone? EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 7F DATED 3/18/20 Authorizes the Medicaid agency to cover Telehealth services provided by Audio-Only telephone. ; EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 7G DATED 3/19/20 Allows enrolled Medicaid providers and Network providers for Commercial Health Plans to provide Telehealth services to existing patients using audio-only phone.
- Emergency Licensure Waiver? ORDER ISSUED BY DEPT. OF PUBLIC HEALTH DATED 3/23/20 Temporarily Suspends licensure requirements for 60 days for professions including psychology. There are no forms or registration with the board required.
- Supervised Trainee Telehealth Services – Telesupervision and Medicaid reimbursement trainees are not eligible to perform telehealth services as they are not licensed, and connecticut’s section 1135 waiver requires all providers to be licensed to perform services.