Welcome to the Student Division of CPA!
The Student Division was established in 2001, along with a board position for a Student Representative. The Student Representative to the CPA Board is elected by student affiliates and serves with full voting privileges. The Student Division’s purpose is to represent the interests of students within the Association and within the state. The Student Division hopes to increase student participation in CPA and to promote the professional development of psychology students across Connecticut.
2017 CPA Student Representative to the Board and Division Chairperson: Andrea DePetris, MA University of Connecticut
Involvement: If you are currently a student affiliate of CPA and want to learn more about the Division or are interested in becoming a campus representative for your school/university, please contact: Andrea DePetris firstname.lastname@example.org Annual student dues are offered at a reduced rate of $35/year.
Benefits of Affiliation with your Professional Association:
- Access to information related to research, career opportunities
- Access to important “members only” sections of the CPA website
- Reduced rates for students
- CPA membership listed on your CV
- Opportunity to network with practicing psychologists within the state
- Meet other students within the state to advocate for student needs and issues
There are many ways to join the Student Division & become an active member within CPA:
- Join Us at CPA’s Annual Convention as an attendee or presenter.
- Apply for a scholarship to attend the convention. The Ethnic Diversity Taskforce offers scholarships to ethnic minority students.
- Visit our Facebook Page here.
- Visit our LinkedIn Page here.
- Become a member of a Committee that speaks to your interests. A list of all CPA Committees can be found here. Email the committee chair or your student representative to express an interest in joining a committee or taskforce.
- Visit CPA’s Calendar for a list of upcoming meetings and events.
- Write an article for the website.
- Get involved legislatively by contacting the Legislative Student Fellow, Marc Budgazad, University of Hartford.
Our past activities and contributions have included:
- Sponsoring Internship Fairs and Workshops
- Sending student representatives to APA’s Annual State Leadership Conference